Monday, August 22, 2005

C.S.I. Anonymous

Hello, my name is MikeE. and I love the show C.S.I. For those of you who are oblivious to that term, it is an acronym for Crime Scene Investigation. I had never seen an episode up until recently. It all started in May when I heard that Quentin Tarantino was a guest director the season finale. Since I am a fan of his work, I decided to give the show a shot. It was very well done and I enjoyed it immensely. The next step to this was that I found out that SpikeTV was playing episodes of CSI daily after I got home from work. It also came on at 7PM which gave me more than enough time to make dinner, get a little reading done, and then relax and watch some TV.

There are several reasons that this show is so appealing to me and all of them coorespond to one of my other favorite shows Law and Order. For one, it shows the whole aspect of the case, starting from the crime to the final conclusion to when the case is ended. Secondly, you don't have to watch these shows in order because most of the plot is dealing with the case for that week (although a little plot will be missed with the characters, it is still watchable). Also this is a very original show considering the crime scene aspect of crime was not well-known until the O.J. trail, you know the one "if the glove don't fit, you must acquit". There have been a few spin-offs but not nearly as good as the original. Granted, all of the investigation (i.e. the crime scene work, testing the evidence, interrogation, interviewing suspects, etc.) is done by the same team and not by several different departments, I let it slide. I call it a suspension of disbelief.

For those reasons and more, that is why I now watch the show a lot. It started out slowly, only watching it when there was nothing else to do. But it has slowly grown which is why I now must confront the problem. But there is light at the end of this tunnel. For one, I recently added several books to my must-read list so that will keep me occupied for a while. Also, and more importantly, there have only been a few seasons of the show so eventually I will have seen most of them, "so I got that going for me, which is nice" (anyone able to name that quote will get a nice pat on the back from me). So there it is; I feel much better now.

And if anyone tells me I should now admit to my dozens of other problems I would tell them, "I have no problems, I am perfect in every other way". This is because in the MikeE. dictionary, if you look up the definiton of normal, there would be a picture of me there. So if you try to name ways in which I am weird, they are perfectly normal to me.... using my definitions, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home