Thursday, August 18, 2005

Welcome to the Pad

Hello and welcome to my humble home in this wide (and ever increasing) world of the web. Now let me begin by explaining as to why I would do something like this. It all started at work this morning. After helping to fix our phone system which had been acting like a pretzel (i.e. all bent out of shape), I felt rather useful. I thought to myself, "Well, I should do more productive things to make my days go by."
After about a half an hour went by and all I could think about was: extra effort = more work = me being tired, I decided to take my original idea in the exact opposite direction. So I thought to myself, "Well, what is the most useless thing that I could do with extra my time while at work." And, after all the ballots were cast and and all the votes were tallied, me creating a blog narrowly beat out me twiddling my thumbs incessantly. The thumbs put up a good fight claiming that people were biased against them being as they are the only non-finger aspect upon the hand, but eventually the thumbs twiddlers conceded and gave a happy two thumbs-up salute to the winner.
So how am I planning on wasting my time with this blog, you ask? If you didn't ask, too bad I am answering the question anyways! My plan is simple... whatever pops into my head at the present monent. If I am thinking about a movie, I'll write a rewiev of it or critique it in some way. If someone annoyed me on the road while driving to work and it won't stop bugging me, I'll rant about that. Or even if you want me to rant about a certain subject, just let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. It can best be summed up by the words of a certain big-boned cartoon character's words, "Whatever, I do what I want!" So sit back, relax, and enjoy the wild, crazy, and sometimes inciteful rantings of me, The Perpetual Bachelor.

14 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger coiledrose said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Check out mine at http://famousandnotsofamousquotations.blogspot.com/

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Pepito said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Check out mine.

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Advertisers Switching from Google AdSense to Yahoo Publisher Network
In a WebmasterWorld thread named How is the Revenue with YPN compared to Adsense? members who have the privilege of being accepted into the YPN beta testing period are discussing how the revenue compares.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a hot tub site/blog. It pretty much covers
hot tub related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rowse announces Six Figure Blogging program
Problogger Darren Rowse has announced his first course: " Six Figure Blogging " - a six week course that he's put together with Andy Wibbels of EasyBake Weblogs fame following a podcast they did together on the ...
Hi, Great Blog Site!

I have a Fix Pc site too.

http://www.solutions-empowered.com/ComputerTech/Pc_Repair.html

You are welcome to check it out!

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

11

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

perpetual, self absorbed moron sounds more like it.

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations on your blog. It's very interesting and I'll definitely be bookmarking you.

I have a breast cancer treatment site. It basically covers the best information about breast cancer treatment and related topics.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

Welcome to blogging. Enjoy your time spent here.

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sounds intriguing indeed, maybe if you spent as much time writing blogs as you did trying to ask girls out you wouldn't be a perpetual bachelor....I know it is tough...girls are just plain mean!

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi MikeE!

These silly people just can't understand the complexities of your bachelorhood. I don't really have a blog yet, but I probably will start one someday. Until then, I'll have fun reading yours. If you feel like ranting to a person, feel free to call me. Talk to you later!

In Christi Amor,
Alaina

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Joe said...

"Inciteful"

Clever, Mike. I like it.

Check out the fact that I'm not using the comments page on Mike's blog as free advertising for my website.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous McG said...

Yo, Mikey. I meant to comment yesterday but was busy. I like the site, pretty cool. btw, I love the spam comments - the obviously bot-induced plugs for other people's sites. Pretty lame if you ask me, as joe implied.

Maybe you should go off on spam, bots, and lame advertising?

As to the obviously angry, lost, and confused chap - back off, dude, and get a sense of humor. Geez, anyone taking this blog thing seriously, or MikeE for that matter, has more than a few issues. And to Mr. dating advice... again, the sense of humor. And to 11... well, why not, I second the motion.

Maybe you should analyze the human sense of humor and the number 11?!

Sup joe and Alaina, I assume I know you two. As for everyone else out there who hasn't posted a comment: post, have fun, have a sense of humor, get to know MikeE and his (in)finite wisdom - it'll do ya good.

Anyway, I'll be checking back periodically. Have fun.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger The Fonz said...

MikeE! No matter how much flak you get from the women for this blog you'll always be the #1 bachelor in the hearts and minds of many young bachelors. You're an inspiration to us all. The site rocks.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger MikeE said...

Larry, its good to hear I am doing good in this world. I will continue to be a beacon of light for all who wish to follow. Kudos to your sight as well (esp. that Chicago dog - it will be tried in the near future).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home