Monday, December 19, 2005

Hail to the Redskins

Oh, today is a good day! Being a diehard Redskin fan my entire life, nothing is sweeter than a victory over the Cowboys. In case you do not know, the Redskins and Cowboys are fierce rivals who have no love for one another. Which is why a victory over them is so nice. It was made even better by the fact that (a) they beat them both times this season, (b) both are fighting for a playoff spot, (c) the 28-point margain of victory (as pictured above) is the largest vicrory in their 92 game histroy.

I went over to my friends' (Eric and Joe) apartment to watch the game. Now Eric is a good friend and we agree on most things, but professional football is not one of them (he is a Cowboys fan). We both talked big about our teams before the game, but Eric did not have much to say soon after. Why? Well, let me tell you. The game started out close with the Redskins having to punt on the first possession of the game. The Cowboys first play was a pass that got tipped at the line of scrimmage and was intercepted. The Redskins proceeded to score a touchdown a few plays later. I could elaborate on this game for a long while, but let me sum up. The Redskins completely dominated this game and the score would have been even worse (it was already 28-0 at halftime), exept for the fact that the Redskins let up and ran the clock out in the second half. The Redskins did everything right and the Cowboys did everything wrong. It was so beautiful to watch!

Now as to why the title of the post is 'Hail to the Redskins'... it is the name of their fight song. Anyone who cares to know the lyrics, here you go...

Hail to the Redskins,
Hail to victory,
Braves on the war path,
Fight for old D.C!

Run or pass and score,We want a lot more
Beat em, Swamp em, Touchdown,Let the points soar
Fight on... Fight On...Til you have won, sons of Washington!

(The first stanza is the much more well known than the first) Now how do I know all these lyrics by heart? Well back in grade school when I went to the public schools, every child learned it in class and it has stuck with me throughout the years. Go Redskins!

2 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger darrelgibson6049 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Phantom Seraphim said...

Nice, MikeE. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Oh, BTW...

GO COWBOYS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home